Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Beginning

The other reason it has been so long since I've posted, is because a lot of changes are happening with our organization. Head Coach Michael Kegel resigned yesterday to take on a different role within the organization. Both he and management feel that he could better serve the team while working as a recruiter and manager for Vorarlberg's newly forming Sport Leistungs Zentrum (basically, a sport school). I admire him for his role in bringing guys to the team and getting them out to practice, but there is a definite need for change within the Hauptmannschaft (AFL Team).

I have been named the new Head Coach and am proud to take on that role and the many challenges that need to be faced in developing this team into what it can be. Our first practice last night went well, though we were low on numbers due to injury, work, and school obligations, the upped tempo and higher expectations will benefit us greatly in our very much alive goal of a championship.

I will keep this blog up and running and you will be able to track the season from my new perspective. This is my first experience as a Head Coach, and to do so on a team of this calibre at such a young age is very much an honor to me and my family.

Well, I've got to get to back to work scheduling out the rest of the year.

No comments: