Thursday, April 24, 2008

Graz, AT



After practice tonight I'm going to have to hurry to shower and make it to the train station to catch the 10:41pm overnight to Graz. I'll be spending Friday & Saturday night there before I head back to Hohenems on Sunday. On Friday & Sunday I'll be spending the day with a good friend, Kathi Pregarthbauer (one of the most athletic and talented people I've ever met in my life) who was a former teammate of Niki's in Innsbruck, and also a former Women's National soccer player here in Austria. I look forward to spending time with her, though she focused her studies on Italian and not English in school, so this will be some more great practice for my German. We always have a great time so, I have no doubt this weekend will be the same.

On Saturday, I'm going to make a trip to Vienna to watch the Vikings play against Carinthian. Normally, this would be a blowout not-worth-scouting type of a game, but Vienna lost their Quarterback two weeks back and have a new import from Cal-Berkeley that I'd like to get a feel for. He was recruited as a fullback but was switched to QB & eventually started two games in '07 (Wins over Stanford & BYU) but got arrested the next summer during a bar-fight incident where he had "meant to simply throw water on the guys head, but the glass slipped and broke over his head." Should be interesting to say the least.

Anyway, I've got a practice to plan and lunch to prepare. I'll write again on Monday (with pictures).

Bis dann!

No comments: